We understand that your privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. This notice tells you what to expect when you interact with us through our social media, over the phone, through emails and via our website. Sporty Rascals is committed to protecting your personal information when you interact with us through our social media, over the phone, through emails and via our website. This notice also sets out what we do with your personal information, what we do to keep it secure, from where and how we collect it, as well as your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
If you don’t want to read all the detail, here are the things we think you’d really want to know:
- When we say ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this policy, we’re referring to the Sporty Rascals Group
- Sporty Rascals is currently made up of Rugger Rascals, Muddy Rascals and Sporty Rascals
- Your personal information is, where appropriate, shared within the Sporty Rascals Group
- We do use a third party to process your personal information on our behalf and some of them are based outside of the UK
- You have a number of rights over your personal information. How you can exercise these rights is set out in this notice
- We do send marketing communications, if you have given us permission to do so. We do this to encourage you to buy our products and services, by sending you offers and ideas that we feel will be of benefit to you. If you no longer wish to receive information from us please use the unsubscribe link, which can be found at the top of our emails. Alternatively you can email us your request to unsubscribe at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We display online advertising relating to our products and services on our website and online social media channels
What sort of personal information do we hold?
We hold information that you provide to us such as:
- Your name
- Your child’s name (we use the term child in such a way that it is the child you bring to play sessions and have responsibility for)
- Your child’s date of birth
- Telephone number
- Email address
Any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media.
We also hold information about the services that we provide to you (including, but not limited to):
- When and where classes are being held
- Your purchases
The way you use our products and services etc.
We will hold information about any device you have used to access our Services (such as your device’s make and model, browser or IP address). For example, we try to identify if you use our website, as well as we try to identify when and how you use the website.
We will keep information about whether or not you would like to receive marketing communications from us, your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us. Including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don’t open them or don’t click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our services.
What is our legal basis for processing your personal information?
Whenever we process your personal information, we have to have something called a “legal basis” for what we do. The different legal bases we rely on are:
• Consent: You have told us you are happy for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
• Legitimate interests: The processing is necessary for us to conduct our business, but not where our interests are overridden by your interests or rights
• Performance of a contract: We must process your personal information in order to be able to provide you with one of our products or services
• Prevention of fraud: Where we are required to process your data in order to protect us and our customers from fraud or money laundering
• Vital interests: The processing of your personal information is necessary to protect you or someone else’s life
• Public information: Where we process personal information which you have already made public
• Legal claims: The processing of your personal information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity
• Legal obligation: We are required to process your personal information by law
How do we use your personal information?
There are a number of ways in which we use your personal information, depending on how you interact with us. If you do not provide your information to us, then we will be unable to interact with you – for example, if you do not provide your name, address and account details when purchasing one of our products online, we will not be able to sell you that product as we would be unable to process your payment or deliver the product to you.
We may use your information in the following ways:
• To provide our products and services – we need to use your personal information to make our products and services available to you. If you then decide to order any of our products or services then we’re delighted, thank you. After that, we need to provide them to you, process your payment and we need to use your details to do all this.
• To personalise your experience – we try to understand our customers so we can provide you with a great shopping experience, relevant marketing, personalised offers, shopping ideas and online advertising. How you use and browse our website and social media helps us to do this.
• For safety and security – we use your personal information to help provide safe and secure environments for our training sessions, as well as online purchases. To enable this we monitor online behaviour and carry out checks to help us ensure that our customers are genuine to prevent fraud and to help customers use our services appropriately.
• Analytics and profiling – we use your personal information for statistical analysis and to help us understand more about our customers. That includes understanding the services and products you buy. These profiles help us to send you offers that are more relevant to you.
• Contacting you – we use your personal information to contact you about products and services from us. We may also contact you in relation to any questions you have raised with us about services or products.
Cookies and similar technologies
Who might we share your personal information with?
Sporty Rascals Group – we will share your personal information in certain circumstances with the other companies within Sporty Rascals Group so that we can provide you with a high quality, personalised and tailored service (including relevant marketing) across our Group.
Our service providers – we work with suppliers and agencies so that they can help us provide the products and services you require from us. These third parties process your personal information on our behalf and are required to meet our high standards of security before doing so. We only share information that allows them to provide their services to us or to facilitate them providing their services to you. These third parties include:
• Advertising companies, who help us place Sporty Rascals Group adverts online
• Our trainers, coaches or others involved in any product or service you have purchased
• Market research agencies, who help us to analyse customer behaviour;
• Social media providers – such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter – where we interact with you on social media
• Third party vendors who help us to manage and maintain the Group IT infrastructure
• Logistics and delivery providers who enable us to deliver products you order on our websites
• Providers of temporary staff, who need access to certain personal information to carry out their role within the business
• Where relevant, professional advisors, such as legal professionals and consultants
• Companies that deploy our email campaigns for us because they need to know your email address to carry out these services
• Companies that provide insights and analytics services for us so we can stock the right products, send the right marketing campaigns and understand our business and customers better
• Security and fraud prevention companies to ensure the safety and security of our customers, colleagues and business
• Companies who assess faults and repair products on our behalf
• Companies that enable us to collect your reviews and comments, both online and offline
Other organisations and individuals – we may share your personal information in certain scenarios. For example:
• If we’re discussing selling or transferring part or all of Sporty Rascals Group business, we may share information about you to prospective purchasers and their advisers – but only so they can evaluate the relevant business; or
• If we are reorganised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer information we hold about you to them so they can continue to provide the Services to you.
• If we are required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or where we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority such as the police or the Department for Work and Pensions;
• If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and services; or
• In response to requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their rights or the rights of others. We will only share your personal information in response to requests which do not override your privacy interests. For example, we will not share your personal information with individuals who are merely curious about you, but we will share your personal information to e.g. insurers, solicitors, employers etc. which have a legitimate interest in your personal information.
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation which, in certain circumstances, you may be able to exercise in relation to the personal information we process about you
• the right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
• the right to correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
• the right to restrict our use of your personal information;
• the right to be forgotten;
• the right of data portability; and
• the right to object to our use of your personal information.
Where we rely on consent as the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you may also withdraw your consent at any time.
If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights, please contact us . Please note that we will need to verify your identity before we can fulfil any of your rights under data protection law. This helps us to protect your personal information against fraudulent requests.
How long will we keep your personal information for?
We take protecting your personal information seriously and are continuously developing our security systems and processes. Some of the controls we have in place are:
• We use technology controls for our information systems, such as firewalls, user verification, strong data encryption, and separation of roles, systems & data;
• Systems are proactively monitored through a “detect and respond” information security function;
• We utilize industry “good practice” standards to support the maintenance of a robust information security management system; and
• We enforce a “need to know” policy, for access to any data or systems.
Changes to this Privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this webpage. At the start of this privacy notice we will tell you when it was last updated.
If you have a question about this policy please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: email@example.com
By post: Sporty Rascals C/O Emmaus Accountants, Westmead House, Farnborough. Hampshire, GU14 7LP
By Phone: +447472 404540